Friday, September 14, 2007

The Harvest

It has finally started...Tomorrow these beauties will be SALSA! So excited... I don't like my zucchini to get very big, but... I lifted a leaf and surprise...ONE HUGE ZUCCHINI! any way, a few onions, and jalapenos(oh and I put shredded zuchini in my salsa as a filler, YUMMY) and Abracadabra.. SALSA

Party our house! Bring some chips and well supply the salsa. : )
(hopefully we will get another harvest of tomatoes about the same size, still lots of green tomatoes left on the plants)

6 comments:

Elisa said...

We are there! Party on.

Big zucchinis can only be used for 2 things (in my opinion) your salsa filler, and zucchini bread.

Lisa said...

The salsa sounds yummy, wish we could be there.

Big zucchinis also make great boats (to float down the canal) and around here they youth have a pinewood derby-like activity where they put wheels on vegetables and send them down the track?! Crazy...

shauna said...

Yes Lisa! In my classroom we call them veggie vehicles and you can make the wheels with limes, radishes, etc. It is quite an activity with 3s,4s,and 5s!

silversmith said...

Do we get to sample the salsa this weekend? We hope so! Looking forward to seeing all of you.

vanessa said...

Your so right elisa... With one exception, I did not use the big huge ones for my salsa...YUCK, Im going to paint faces on them and put them out on my porch with pumpkins!!!! That's what they will be good for ;)

Sarah said...

My mom had huge zucchinis this year. We ate so much chocolate zucchini bread, fried zucchini, steamed zucchini...I'm nauseated.