Tuesday, January 15, 2008

This Is What I Do...

My away from home job Monday - Friday,
I am lucky enough to be able to work with my dad, We have an upholstery business and one of things that we do is the interiors of high performance boats. One of my responsibilities are to do the computer graphic designs, and the patterns for the graphics on these boats. (I take the graphic on the side of the boat and duplicate it into our pattern program on the computer). This week I got my first cover on a boating magazine (one of the boats I did the graphics on), however the cover and the article isn't all about me(and that's fine by me) its about the company that builds the boat, Hallett Boats. Any way its kinda exciting :)
The engine cover on the back of the boat is the graphic done on this boat... We do it in vinyls and it gets pieced together like a quilt. It kinda a cool thing to do for work :)

4 comments:

Elisa said...

Way to go Nessa! And to think it was just a short while ago that you were wondering how long it would take to learn the program and already you make the cover of a magazine! Look at you go!

Elisa said...

Not sure if you are interested but Pink Christmas/Good Mail Blog party planned http://jmsmusings.blogspot.com/

Serendipity said...

Look at you -- you are published! How many people can say that?! :)

Lisa said...

Congrats - what a way to ring in the new year! You are a cover girl :)