Tuesday, January 6, 2009

SO SAD

Today about 3:30 my Dad left the shop to go get something to eat.
He went to the ARBY's just down the street.
Here's the sad part!
He got out of the truck and started walking in...
Fresh snow and a sheet of ice under the snow, and my poor Dad lost it!
(you have to understand, my dad has reflexes like a cat)
He didn't even know he was going down until he heard the cracking
and felt his head hit.
IHC really couldn't find anything wrong, they assumed he cracked a rib,
the X-ray didn't show a break.
He went home and could barely move.
My parents Home Teacher came to give him a blessing and
as luck has it his name is DR. Gibby and he owns
Riverwoods Imaging.
Dr. Gibby told my dad that this is more than a cracked rib,
he thought he had crushed his spine!
On Tuesday after a 3 hr MRI, the diagnosis is in..
My Dad cracked 4 vertebra, and herniated 5 discs.
6 t0 8 weeks recovery...
(So not my dad, he's sure he can heal in 1 week)
He is in SO much pain, It breaks my heart!
I LOVE YOU DAD,
I hope you feel better soon.

No comments: