Tuesday, June 12, 2007

AMERICANA...






I love America... I thought this would be easy, but I looked around my house and I have a ton of Red, White, Blue but is it AMERICANA????
My husband loves anything cowboy, I gave him this bronze statue for Christmas one year. Cowboys are Americana, I think... I have several Americana baskets, stars and all... But is it Americana???Sorry about the flash, This is a picture that says Americana, but is it Americana???
This is am Amish piece quilt that was given to me by my very dear friend in California, Frankie Lawrence. She went to Pennsylvania where her husband grew up, she knew I was fascinated by the Amish, She was going to get me a quilt for my bed until she found out she would have to take out a second mortgage on her home to buy it... I love my quilt, but is it Americana???I have a lot of antiques here and there but I'm not sure if they are Americana...
This has got to be as Americana as it gets! I love the American flag, I fly it all the time, I love this country and I love being an AMERICAN... Yeah I think its all Americana, through and through...



















3 comments:

Unknown said...

Vanessa!
You are my winner. Please email me your mailing address :)

Dana

Serendipity said...

Your house looks so country cozy...and you've got lots of americana in your decorating style!

Love the flag on your porch...

Elisa said...

Lucky! You won a Dana drawing! She makes amazing stuff...any way VERY cute decorations. There is so much to look at in your home I haven't seen half of the things you posted. The Amish quilt is my favorite..so beautiful!